Happy 1st Day of Winter! What better way to officiate the start of winter than a cup of hot chocolate? Having people over and enjoy hot chocolate together of course!! Having a Hot Chocolate Bar is super easy! And a fun addition to any of your Holiday Parties. You just need a few items: A… Continue reading Hot Chocolate Bar
I am a tea-aholic. I love tea. There are endless possibilities with tea so you never get tired of it. You can drink it hot (my preference) or cold. And if you really do get bored, you can always add cream, milk and/or sugar. Plus it is a relatively healthy drink…and most are even beneficial… Continue reading Holiday DIY Gift: Custom Flower Tea Bags🌺
Yay lets make some fun festive Hot Chocolate Spoons. It only takes about 15 minutes to make these super festive spoons. You will need: Spoons Bittersweet chocolate Candy canes, crushed Wax paper First melt the chocolate in a heat safe container. It would be best to melt in a double boiler. However if you are… Continue reading Holiday DIY: Hot Chocolate Spoons
I admit I am not the best of cooks. But one thing I can always cook is beef, specifically steak. Beef is easy to prepare, does not require a long time to marinate and cooks easily. Luckily my boyfriend does not mind having red meat more often then not. Here I served it with some green beans and potatoes.
My Infamous (and only) Steak Recipe
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 2-3 pinches Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 2 tbsp of Rosemary
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Canola oil
- Wash and dry the steak. I personally believe making sure the steak is fully dried is the most important part.
- Season the steak with garlic salt, Chinese 5 spices and 1 tbsp of rosemary. I used enough to just cover the surface of the steak lightly.
- Massage the steak. This is important to let the spices marinate into the steak and make it less tough. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the pan at medium fire and add oil.
- Add the steak. Let it cook on one side until you see when the top sides starts to get cooked (turns brown). Takes about 5-7 minutes. Flip onto the other side and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired cooked level.
- Remove the steak from the pan.
- Keeping the same pan with the steak juices add more oil if needed. Add in mince garlic and rosemary. Sauté until golden. Add red wine and Worcestershire sauce. Let simmer at low heat until liquid reduce to half.
- Pour sauce over the steak.