Valentine is coming up and for those who like to DIY last minute (like me) here’s a great idea for you. Plus it requires only 2 ingredients and can be done in a few minutes.
Lots of time when we think of Valentine date we think of romantic dates, getting fancy, etc. Why not take a break and pamper your love one instead? These DIY lotion hearts are great to use as lotion or as massage oil. Perfect for a nice relaxing massage or a sensual one with your partner 😉
The best thing is that this gift is non gendered and does not even require a love interest. You can even make it for yourself or give to others and spread the love.
2 part Coconut oil
1 part Good grade Beeswax
Optional: essential oils
Glass or microwave safe bowl
Microwave or double boiler
Ice cube tray (mines are Ikea heart ice cube tray)
1. Grate your beeswax
2. Melt your beeswax first either in the microwave in 20 seconds intervals or in a double boiler in a microwave/boiler safe container
3. Add your coconut oil in the mix.
4. If you have any essential oils to add, add a few drops.
5. Pour the mixture in your ice cube tray.
6. Cool the mixture a few hours in a cool area or if your are in a rush, put it in the refrigerator.
7. Once they harden, you can pop the out!
*silicone ice trays makes removing easier
*Keep in mind that the smaller ice cube trays works best so that you can finish using the heart every massage
*And of course you don’t have to make heart shaped 😉
*For places that are hotter, you can increase the wax amount or keep them in the fridge until you need to use them to prevent them from melting