These earrings are fancy enough to wear to all your Holiday parties but casual enough to wear every day. Plus they make the perfect gift for the ladies in your life. No girl can resist how sparkly these are! And they are super easy and fast to make. I made all 3 in less than 15 minutes!
Supplies per earring
- 2 Crystals pendants (I used Swarovski crystal AB 8mm 6208, crystal 16mm 6106 and Provence Lavender/Chrysolite Blend 16mm 6106)
- 2 Crystal Beads (Swarovski crystal AB 4mm)
- 2 Swarovski rondelle (size 4-6mm)
- 2 Gold/Silver plated earring wire
- Gold/Silver plated chain
- Gold/Silver plated 21/24 gauge wire
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
- **All supplies and tools can be bought at your local craft/beading store. Colors and sizes may vary. I like using Swarovski crystal because of the extra sparkle, but if you cannot find it, any crystal/glass will work.
- **If you are giving these as gifts, it is best to use hypo-allergenic materials like gold, silver, platinum, and surgical steel
First let’s talk about eyepins. Eyepins are the loop portion that is connecting your jewelry pieces together. You can buy the ones where one side is already pre-made or you can make it from scratch using wire.
First you put the tip of the wire between the nose pliers and begin rolling the pliers away from you making a loop.
The size of the eyepin is dependent on where you first place the wire on the round nose pliers. The closer you put the wire to the tip, the smaller the circle. I’m using mini sized pliers and require the lowest portion to make the largest circle to fit the pendant holes.
To open an eyepin, you always open from the side. NEVER straighten the loop; that just ruins your perfect circle! Plus it ruins the strength of the wire making it loose over time.
- Put chain at your earlobe and decide how long you want the chain to be. I cut it to about ½ to ¾ inches.
- Create an eyepin and put in a rondelle and a crystal bead.
- Then cut enough wire to let you make a circle.
- Open the loop (rondelle side) and attach the crystal pendant.
- Close the eyepin.
- Open the other side and attach the chain.
- Close the eyepin.
- Open the loop on the ear wire and attach the chain to it.
- Repeat for the other earring.
- Now you have a pair of extra sparkly earrings to wear or to gift!!