3 days until Christmas!
I don’t know about you, but Holiday season is always crazy busy for me. Between work, family, friends, and holiday functions, my schedule is filled to the brim. I really do not have time to plan extravagant decorations or brave the swarm of people to buy gifts. For those Holiday procrastinator or last-minute surprises out there, these couple of posts before Christmas will be perfect for you.
Let’s start with Miniature Tree Decorations.
I wanted a Christmas tree but I couldn’t get a real tree because 1) I am allergic to pine 2) I don’t have room for a tree that is as tall as me.
I weighed in all my options and decided to get a cute sparkly little table top tree. But holy crap, there is no cute or unique ornaments for mini trees! The only things I found useful were: those plain ball ornaments and holiday wine glass charms. The wine glass charms are really a hit or miss. So let’s focus on making our own! Plus it’s practically Christmas and you can find ball ornaments anywhere.
Decorating Ball Ornaments
You will need:
- Paint (I just used fabric paint but acrylic or glass paints would work)
- Decorations (glitter, rhinestones, stickers, googly eyes, the possibilities are endless)
- Ball ornaments (I got mines in the dollar section at Target)
- Prep: Clean the ball ornaments with alcohol
- The fun part: Decorate
- I kept mines simple. Here I just use fabric paint and drew hello kitty, snowman, swirls,and polka dots.
- If you want more bold decorations gluing rhinestones,sequins, googly eyes, the possibilities are endless.
- Finishing touches
- String lights, I used copper fairy lights
- Large flowers, I used fake flowers.
- Special notes: My approach to draw on the ornaments is more subtle. Gluing decorations would definitely make your ornaments more special. My dearest kitten keeps thinking they are food so I had to go with the simpler approach. *sigh*
Hope you had fun!!