I admit I am not the best of cooks. But one thing I can always cook is beef, specifically steak. Beef is easy to prepare, does not require a long time to marinate and cooks easily. Luckily my boyfriend does not mind having red meat more often then not. Here I served it with some green beans and potatoes.
My Infamous (and only) Steak Recipe
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 2-3 pinches Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 2 tbsp of Rosemary
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Canola oil
- Wash and dry the steak. I personally believe making sure the steak is fully dried is the most important part.
- Season the steak with garlic salt, Chinese 5 spices and 1 tbsp of rosemary. I used enough to just cover the surface of the steak lightly.
- Massage the steak. This is important to let the spices marinate into the steak and make it less tough. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the pan at medium fire and add oil.
- Add the steak. Let it cook on one side until you see when the top sides starts to get cooked (turns brown). Takes about 5-7 minutes. Flip onto the other side and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired cooked level.
- Remove the steak from the pan.
- Keeping the same pan with the steak juices add more oil if needed. Add in mince garlic and rosemary. Sauté until golden. Add red wine and Worcestershire sauce. Let simmer at low heat until liquid reduce to half.
- Pour sauce over the steak.